The Longest Way Home

" Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." - The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost

Name:
Location: Almeria, Andalucia, Spain

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath." ~ Unknown "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." ~ Dr. Seuss

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Wow Wow WHEE

*****WARNING*****
The following blog may be too mushy/sappy/girlishly happy for many readers. For the safety of your digestive tract, please use discretion.
********************

Ok, so maybe the warning is a bit much - what can I say? I had missed seeing "the boy" . . . and then got to spend most of the night with him . . .

Dinner, kisses, a movie, cuddling . . .

He even opened the car door for me.

Being held is addictive.

And then there was the part where I fell asleep . . .

I wish someone could tell me how all of this is going to end . . .

Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to keep from going overboard . . . It's hard to maintain distance when he's smiling at me . . . or talking about the crazy things that happened when HE was a camp counselor . . . or when he's falling asleep in my arms and wants me to sing to him . . .

I think I'm in trouble.



Stand Beside Me
Jo Dee Messina
He left me cryin' late one Sunday night outside of Boulder/He said he had to find himself out on the road/I guess when love goes wrong/You've gotta learn to be strong/So I worked two jobs/And I moved three times/I ended up south of Memphis, workin' down in Riverside/I may not be so lucky in love/But the one thing I'm sure of/I want a man that stands beside me/Not in front of or behind me/Give me two arms that want to hold me, not own me/And I'll give all the love in my heart/Stand beside me/Be true, don't tell lies to me/I'm not lookin' for a fantasy/I want a man that who stands beside me/I didn't expect to see him, one hot July morning/His hair was longer but his eyes were the same old blue/He said, "I've missed you for so long. Oh baby, what can I do?"/I said, "I want a man that stands beside me/Not in front of or behind me/Give me two arms that want to hold me, not own me/And I'll give all the love in my heart."/It's hard to/Tell him, "No" when I want him so bad/But I've got to be true to my heart/This time/I'm not lookin' for a fantasy/I want a man who stands beside me/I want a man/Who stands beside me/Stand beside me/Stand beside me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home