The Longest Way Home

" Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." - The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost

Name:
Location: Almeria, Andalucia, Spain

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath." ~ Unknown "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." ~ Dr. Seuss

Monday, February 21, 2005

Reflections Of A Restless Mind

Today wasn't a good day.
Today wasn't a bad day.
It was simply a day.
I woke up early only to fall back to sleep.
I went to one class only to find it was cancelled.
I went to take a test only to find I understood nothing on the test.
I intended to do work and instead, only ran errands and did chores.
I had a good conversation only to find that it left me more disturbed then before.
I went to eat and found I had no appetite.

I'm so drained from trying to deal with everything that's going on . . . and the more that I try to do, the more draining it becomes. I'm getting sick, quite probably the flu that everyone else has gotten. I'm hoping that I have just enough energy to write my paper tonight, since it's due tomorrow. I feel like all my energy is gone . . . And it doesn't help that I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately. Staying out late can take it's toll.

I was sitting in my Political Science class today, listening to people argue, and something very sad occured to me.
It occured to me that this world will never truly be at peace.
Countries will continue to grow in power, making other countries feel threatened into deadly action.
There will be dictators who will sit at the head of governments built on terror and human sacrifice.
There will be children who are abused and starved, women who are raped, and men who are tortured.
There will be zealots and atheists who cannot agree to disagree, and their weapons dealers who believe only in the almighty dollar.
And there will be a few good souls who will seek to make peace and to love their neighbor as themselves.
But the saddest part is that we cannot keep ourselves from hoping, even in the most infintesimal degree, that someday, somehow, everything will be ok.

So here's my question:

Is it better to be a fool, with hopes and dreams, or a wise man, with reality and pain?


God Don't Give Up On Us
Jessica Andrews
Who will with the holy war/Can you tell me what they’re fighting for/And do you look down in disgust/God don’t give up on us/Mother Nature’s ashamed and bruised/All her precious gifts abused/Her forest burns, her rivers rust/God don’t give up on us/Don’t give up on me/Don’t give up on love/Nothing loved is ever lost/God don’t give up on us/We hold our babies in our arms /And pray you’ll keep them safe from harm/In a world that’s so unjust/God don’t give up on us/Don’t give up on me/Don’t give up on love/Nothing loved is ever lost/God don’t give up on us/For every bullet fired, for every soul/That’s lost/Forgive our dark desires and the pain/We’ve caused/Please don‘t close your eyes, to the part of us/That’s beautiful...still beautiful/How can we regain your trust/God don’t give up/God don’t give up on us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Me, I'm holding out hope for a zombie attack said...

Hey honey~
Guess whos got a real live date on Saturday? Guess who got escorted back up to the dorms after rehearsal tonite? Guess who WAITED 20 MINUTES while I cleaned up to do so????

*sigh*

Love ya.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home