The Longest Way Home

" Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." - The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost

Name:
Location: Almeria, Andalucia, Spain

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath." ~ Unknown "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." ~ Dr. Seuss

Monday, June 06, 2005

Onward and Upward

8:38 am

So . . .


The school year is over. I have lived through another semester, this time wrangling little freshies while attempting to master the whole "going to school" thing. What fun. *note sarcasm*

And now I'm starting summer and with it, my summertime job - camp counselor.

Excited about camp?
Hell ya!
Excited for the kids to come?
Absolutely!
Wondering what the HELL I have gotten myself into this time?
YES.




And then there's the little part of my brain that I keep trying to turn off . . .
The one that says I miss him . . .

The Last Thing On My Mind
Patty Loveless
I don't love him anymore, just ask all my friends/I've told them and I tell them time and time again./I don't have no regrets, no I'm not that kind/Honestly, he's the last thing on my mind/When the day turns into dusk/And the shadows start to fall/And this empty bed's as big as Arkansas/And when I'm drifting off to sleep/Something in my broken heart rewinds/He's the last thing/He's the last thing on my mind/Now, rushing through the day/I might seem improved/There isn't time to second guess my foolish moves/No, I can only see/Once the lights go out/What it is I can live with and without/When the day turns into dusk/And the shadows start to fall/And this empty bed's as big as Arkansas/And when I'm drifting off to sleep/Something in my broken heart rewinds/He's the last thing/He's the last thing on my mind/Don't love him anymore.


11:57pm

It's funny how a day can change things . . .
He's coming up here and I might end up seeing him.
I thought he was out of my life but I guess I was wrong.
I wish I wasn't.
I just need him gone, then maybe I'll move on with my life like he's moved on with his.




1 Comments:

Blogger Me, I'm holding out hope for a zombie attack said...

no no no no no. resist.

love ya...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home