The Longest Way Home

" Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." - The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost

Name:
Location: Almeria, Andalucia, Spain

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath." ~ Unknown "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." ~ Dr. Seuss

Friday, March 11, 2005

Hindsight Is Twenty/Twenty

I've come to the conclusion that life is what you make of it.

I can either mope about once again being seriously decieved by males

OR
I can get over it and enjoy the fact that I have AWESOME friends and plenty to keep me busy . . . Plus, start having some FUN . . .

I think I like the second option better.

And, as one of my friends said:

"Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them. Aim low."

Can't Hold Us Down
Christina Aguilera
So what am I not supposed to have an opinion?/Should I keep quiet just because I'm a woman?/Call me a bitch (bitch) cause I speak what's on my mind/Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled/When a female fires back/Suddenly the target don't know how to act/So he does what any little boy would do/Making up a few false rumors or two/That for sure is not a man to me/Slanderin' names for popularity/It's sad you only get your fame through controversy/But now it's time for me to come and give you more to say/This is for my girls all around the world/Who've come across a man who don't respect your worth/Thinking all women should be seen, not heard/So what do we do girls?/Shout out loud/Letting them know we're gonna stand our ground/Lift your hands high and wave em proud/Take a deep breath and say it loud/Never can, never will,/Can't hold us down/Nobody can hold us down/Nobody can hold us down/Nobody can hold us down/Never can, never will/So what am I not supposed to say what I'm sayin?/Are you offended with the message I'm bringin?/Call me whatever cause your words don't mean a thing/Guess you even ain't a man enough to handle what I sing/If you look back in history/It's a common double standard of society/The guy gets all the glory the more he can score/While the girl can do the same and yet you call her a whore/I don't understand why it's okay/The guys can get away with it, the girl gets named/All my ladies come together and make a change and/Start a new beginning for us, everybody sing/This is for my girls all around the world/Who've come across a man who don't respect your worth/Thinking all women should be seen, not heard/What do we do girls?/Shout out loud!/Letting them know we're gonna stand our ground/Lift your hands high and wave 'em round/Take a deep breath and say it loud/Never can, never will, can't hold us down/Check it - Here's something I just can't understand/If the guy have three girls then he's the man/He can either give her some head,or sex her raw/If the girl do the same, then she's a whore/But the table's about to turn/I'll bet my fame on it/Cat's take my ideas and put their name on it/It's aiight though, you can't hold me down/I got to keep on movin'/To all my girls with a man who be tryin to mack/Do it right back to him and let that be that/You need to let him know that his game is whack/And Lil' Kim and Christina Aguilera got your back/You're just a little boy/Think you're so cute, so coy/You must talk so big/To make up for smaller things/You're just a little boy/All you'll do is annoy/You must talk so big/To make up for smaller things/This is for my girls.../This is for my girls all around the world/Who've come across a man who don't respect your worth/Thinking all women should be seen, not heard/So what do we do girls?/Shout out loud/Letting them know we're gonna stand our ground/Lift your hands high and wave 'em round/Take a deep breath and say it loud/Never can, never will,/Can't hold us down/This is for my girls all around the world/Who've come across a man who don't respect your worth/Thinking all women should be seen, not heard/So what do we do girls?/Shout louder/Letting them know we're gonna stand our ground/Lift your hands high and wave 'em proud/Take a deep breath and say it loud/Never can, never will,/Can't hold us down/Spread the word/Can't hold us down

1 Comments:

Blogger Me, I'm holding out hope for a zombie attack said...

love ya babe...sendin good vibes.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 5:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home