The Longest Way Home

" Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." - The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost

Name:
Location: Almeria, Andalucia, Spain

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath." ~ Unknown "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." ~ Dr. Seuss

Friday, March 04, 2005

It's Snowing . . . Again . .

Ok, don't get me wrong - I love snow. There are few things that I find more enjoyable then being able to run around outside and throw snowballs at my friends until they pick me up and hurl me into the nearest snow drift.

BUT

I do NOT like it when it snows excessively on the weekends or when it snows but does not cause classes to be delayed/cancelled. When it snows on the weekend, important plans get disrupted. I always seem to end up not being able to go out on certain weekends just because it is snowing or the weather is bad. When classes are not delayed or cancelled, it's even worse because that means you must get up out of your nice warm bed, get into multiple layers of clothing, and walk outside through conditions that cause animals with far more sense to go into hibernation to get to a class you don't really want to be at anyway.

My week has been a series of ups and downs, from school being cancelled on Monday to finding out that my family couldn't come visit me this weekend, to finding out I got one of the highest grades on the REALLY HARD political science exam I took last week (The teacher then proceeded to read my essay to the class which earned me several not-so-nice looks from other people and made me wish I was a turtle . . .).

If you were to ask my about my boy, I'd say "what boy?"
I've seen him a grand total of four times this week (I think) - two of which don't count because they were staff meetings . . . however, I DID call him on Tuesday morning. And Wednesday morning. At 7 am. To tell him about school being delayed . . . Shortly after my boss called us all to tell us. And I figured out that he is definitely NOT a morning person . . . I've decided that he's a bear - teddy bear or grizzly bear, depending on his mood. He is also not very coherent in the morning. This week, he's been buried in work. He promised me a snowball fight on Monday, but instead was trapped in the library all day . . . I miss seeing him.

On the other hand, it's Friday.
And I have a whole weekend to breathe.


I Will Remember You
Sarah McLachlan
I will remember you/Will you remember me?/Don't let your life pass you by/Weep not for the memories/Remember the good times that we had?/I let them slip away from us when things got bad/How clearly I first saw you smilin' in the sun/Wanna feel your warmth upon me, I wanna be the one/I will remember you/Will you remember me?/Don't let your life pass you by/Weep not for the memories/I'm so tired but I can't sleep/Standin' on the edge of something much too deep/It's funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word/We are screaming inside, but we can't be heard.

Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
Carole King
Tonight you're mine completelyYou give your love so sweetly/Tonight the light of love is in your eyes/Will you love me tomorrow?/Is this a lasting treasure/Or just a moments pleasure/Can I believe the magic of your sighs/Will you still love me tomorrow?/Tonight with words unspoken/You say that I'm the only one/But will my heart be broken/When the night meets the mornin' sun/I'd like to know that your loveI/s love I can be sure of/So tell me now and I won't ask again/Will you still love me tomorrow?/So tell me now and I won't ask again/Will you still love me tomorrow?/Will you still love me tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home