The Longest Way Home

" Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." - The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost

Name:
Location: Almeria, Andalucia, Spain

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath." ~ Unknown "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." ~ Dr. Seuss

Monday, March 14, 2005

Would Someone Please Remove The Kick-Me Sign From My Back?!?

Ok, I'm not sure quite what it is - maybe I actually DO have a kick me sign on my back - but I think that every one of my teachers decided that this would be the week that ALL my classes would have SOMETHING for me to keep myself busy with (the only exception being my Political Science class . . . for once . . .)

For example:

My English paper, which is apparently a "good start" needs to be revamped . . . as in a complete overhaul/extension . . . did I mention it's already seven pages?

My Spanish teacher who decided that, IN ADDITION to a test on chapter 7 for Wednesday, we get to memorize the conjugations of ten verbs - actually we get to memorize four ways to conjugate each of the ten verbs. individually.
The phrase "Holy Shit" comes to mind. (I DO NOT MEMORIZE INFORMATION WELL)

My history teacher, in an attempt to make learning fun, has decided that five minute speeches are JUST THE THING. I have a partner - my first ex-roomie (I know, I know - that makes no sense) however, it's still a speech. And I still have to PRACTICE the damn thing. It's due tomorrow.

I have a group project at work. The only problem is, my group is either A) Gone on Vacation without me or B) Just too busy to worry about little things like our MANDATORY PROJECT. I also have several other things that I have to do for work this week . . . Because I have nothing ELSE to do . . .



***SIGH***


And the other sad reality of my life?

Dating is a bitch.

I've been told several times in the past week that "men just don't get emotionally attached like females do."

Now, while I appreciate that this may be true, this does not dissuade me from wanting to beat the shit out of one totally oblivious/stupid/callous male.

Unfortunately, I have to play nice cuz beating him might get me fired.

Damn.



I need to stop wanting the phone to ring . . .



Almost Doesn't Count
Brandy
Almost made you love me/Almost made you cry/Almost made you happy, baby/Didn't I didn't I/You almost had me thinkin'/You were turned around/But everybody knows/Almost doesn't count/Almost heard you saying/You were finally free/What was always missing for you, baby/You'd found it in me/But you can't get to heaven/Half off the ground/Everybody knows/Almost doesn't count/I can't keep on lovin' you/One foot outside the door/I hear a funny hesitation/Of a heart that's never really sure/Can't keep on tryin'/If you're looking for more/Than all that I could give you/Than what you came here for/Gonna find me somebody/Not afraid to let go/Want a no doubt be there kind of man/You came real close/But everytime you built me up/You only let me down/And everybody knows/Almost doesn't count/Maybe you'll be sorry/Maybe you'll be cold/Maybe you'll come runnin' back, baby/From the cruel cruel world/Almost convinced me/You're gonna stick around/But everybody knows/Almost doesn't count/So maybe I'll be here/Maybe I'll see ya 'round/That's the way it goes/Almost doesn't count

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home